Complex Systems Informatics and Modeling Quarterly
The aim of the journal is to publish peer reviewed original research papers reporting on studies of the structure, algorithms, behavior, and interactions of natural, social, socio-technical, and artificial systems that store, process, access, and communicate information.
It concerns data, information, and knowledge fundamentals, models, and management from the points of view of their discovery, engineering, and application.
|Editor in Chief:|
|Swen Anders Flodström, The Royal Institute of Technology (KTH), Stockholm, Sweden|
|Kurt Sandkuhl, Rostock University, Germany - Social, Socio-technical, Organization and Business Informatics|
|Oscar Pastor, Politechnical University of Valencia, Spain and Janis Grundspenkis, Riga Technical University, Latvia - High Complexity Information Systems Engineering|
|Tadeusz Morzy, Poznan University of Technology, Poland - Data and Knowledge Analytics|
|Witold Andrzejewski, Poznan University of Technology, Poland – Supercomputing|
|Managing Editor's contact information:|
|Marite Kirikova - Riga Technical University, Latvia - email@example.com, tel. +371 26188383|
Information Technology and Management Science
Information Technology and Management Science is a scientific journal of the Information Technology Institute of Riga Technical University. The journal is published annually. The main areas covered are management information systems, intelligent computer technologies, data mining, modelling and simulation, information processing methods, management science, and other related topics.
Technologies of Computer Control
"Technologies of Computer Control” is a peer reviewed international journal published by the Institute of Computer Control, Automation and Computer Engineering of Faculty of Computer Science and Information Technology of Riga Technical University (RTU).
The journal covers the following themes:
1. Computer control systems. It includes digital control (CNC, DNC); computer-aided design (CAD);
computer-aided manufacturing (CAM); computer-aided control (CAC); Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC); logic devices (PLM, PLD); gearing digital control; computer control in transport, agriculture, economics, biology, medicine, diagnostics, system recovery etc.
2. Computer networks, distributed computer control system and service. It includes computer networks and services, media, internet, voice and image recognition systems, wireless networks, sensor networks.
3. Computer graphics and image processing. It includes 2D and 3D computer graphics techniques and algorithms, pattern recognition methods, recognition neural networks, image processing techniques, scene analysis, computer vision, use of computer graphics and image processing in various industries.
Power and Electrical Engineering
Journal of Power and Electrical Engineering is an international open access journal in the field of Power and Electrical Engineering. Its main goal is to give quality research papers. It provides platform to publish the research works of academicians, students and professionals. It publishes only original, unpublished and not submitted to any other journal research papers and review papers.
The main focus of the Journal is issues of optimization of power supply systems, security and effectiveness of transmission lines and equipments. The journal comprises articles on the topical issues of technical and economical aspects of power industry and alternative energy.
The journal covers the following themes:
- Power System Control, Automation, Stability and Protection;
- Power Quality and Reliability;
- Power Plants, Renewable and Distributed Energy Systems;
- Power System Planning, Management and Economic Evaluation;
- Power System Risk Assessment and Management;
- Electricity Market;
- Smart Grid Technologies.
EUNIS 2013 Congress Proceedings
This issue includes papers presented in the 19th EUNIS congress "ICT role for Next Generation Universities". All included papers were reviewed by EUNIS 2013 Program Committee.
ISBN 978-9934-10-433-6 - online
Proceedings of the 2nd International Business and System Conference BSC 2013
2nd International Business and System Conference (BSC 2013) was held in November 2013 in Riga, Latvia in conjunction with the 6th IFIP WG 8.1 working conference on the Practice of Enterprise Modeling (PoEM 2013). BSC 2013 is a continuation of the international conference organized in 2010 under the title „Hand in Hand with Business Analysis”.
The conference addressed Business Analysis from the Systems Thinking perspective. Business analysts appear in different roles working in both business and technology areas. They are known as business analysts, system analysts, consultants as well as project managers. Business analysis helps to understand real business needs and develops successful solutions. All these roles are involved in business analysis processes of different types of systems. Therefore this conference was dedicated for making ground for experience exchange among researchers and practitioners involved in various roles concerning business analysis. It aimed at assembling local and world experience on systems approaches for business support and improvement.
The organization of BSC2013 owes special thanks to the members of the International Program Committee for providing valuable reviews for the submitted papers. Furthermore, we are grateful to all authors who submitted papers and speech proposals to the conference. We acknowledge tool vendors and organizers of the PoEM 2013 for possibility to participate in engaging events and sessions. Special thanks go to IIBA Latvia Chapter and Riga Technical University for organization of the BSC 2013 conference.
Applied Computer Systems
The Journal “Applied Computer Systems” is an open access scientific journal published biannually in May and December. The journal serves for experience generation in computer science and information technologies use in different applications and is a source of information for the industry practitioners, for academic personnel and students.
The journal publishes research papers describing new results, original ideas and applications or reports on the development and maintenance of actual systems addressing issues concerning theory, development, management and applications of advanced applied computer science.
The topics covered by the journal are:
- Artificial Intelligence
- Computer Applications
- Information Technology and Systems
- Programming Technologies
- Software Engineering
Besides, the reader will find papers on conception of framework for automated creation of graph visualisation systems, theoretical basis and practical usage of simulation for creating solutions for data management systems, modelling of software systems and business processes, comparison of programming languages, intelligent tutoring systems, semantic web development, applications of cloud-based services, issues of dynamic wireless networks, as well as surveys and papers focused on different other specific topics.
The aim of the publishers is to encourage the applied research by granting free publication possibilities to professionals in the software field, young scientists and doctoral students.
The authors of articles are researchers from various educational and research institutions and companies not only from different European countries, but also from Africa, North and South America, Asia and Australia.
|Professor Janis Grundspenkis, Dr. habil. sc. ing., Riga Technical University, Latvia|
|Professor Guntis Arnicans, Dr. sc. comp., University of Latvia, Latvia|
|Professor Janis Barzdins, Dr. habil. sc. comp., University of Latvia, Latvia|
|Professor Wladimir Bodrow, Dr., University of Applied Sciences in Berlin, Germany|
|Professor Juris Borzovs, Dr. habil. sc. comp., University of Latvia, Latvia|
|Professor Albertas Caplinskas, Dr. habil., Vilnius University, Lithuania|
|Professor Gintautas Dzemyda, Dr. habil., Vilnius University, Lithuania|
|Associate professor Dale Dzemydiene, Dr., Vilnius University, Lithuania|
|Senior researcher Karlis Freivalds, Dr. sc. comp., University of Latvia, Latvia|
|Senior researcher Hele-Mai Haav, Dr., Tallinn University of Technology, Estonia|
|Professor Zbigniew Huzar, Dr. habil., Wroclaw University of Technology, Poland|
|Professor Audris Kalnins, Dr. habil. sc. comp., University of Latvia, Latvia|
|Professor Rein Kuusik, PhD, Tallinn University of Technology, Estonia|
|Associate professor Saša Lazarević, PhD, Belgrade University, Serbia|
|Professor Henry Linger, PhD, Monash University, Australia|
|Professor Chu Kiong Loo, Dr., University of Malaya, Malaya|
|Associate professor Audrone Lupeikiene, Dr., Vilnius University, Lithuania|
|Professor Zhou Mingtao, Chinese Academy of Science, President at Beijing Hope Software Co., Ltd., China|
|Professor Mohammed El Mohajir, PhD, Sidi Mohammed Ben Abdellah University, Morocco|
|Professor Anders G. Nilsson, PhD, Karlstad University, Sweden|
|Professor Leonids Novickis, Dr. habil. sc. ing., Riga Technical University, Latvia|
|Professor Oksana Nikiforova, Dr. sc. ing., Riga Technical University, Latvia|
|Assistant professor Dušan Savić, PhD, Belgrade University, Serbia|
|Professor Jaak Tepandi, PhD, Tallinn University of Technology, Estonia|
|Professor Olegas Vasilecas, PhD, Vilnius Gediminas Technical University, Lithuania|
|Professor Kesheng Wang, PhD, Norwegian University of Science and Technology, Norway|
|Professor Benkt Wangler, PhD, University of Skovde, Sweden|
|Professor Wita Wojtkowski, Boise State University, USA|
|Managing Editor's contact information|
|Oksana Nikiforova, Riga Technical University, Latvia|
ABSTRACTED & INDEXED: ACM Digital Library, Baidu Scholar, Cabell's Directory, Celdes, CNKI Scholar (China National Knowledge Infrastructure), CNPIEC, DOAJ (Directory of Open Access Journals), EBSCO (relevant databases), EBSCO Discovery Service, Genamics JournalSeek, Google Scholar, Inspec, J-Gate, JournalTOCs, KESLI-NDSL (Korean National Discovery for Science Leaders), Naviga (Softweco), Primo Central (ExLibris), ProQuest (relevant databases), ReadCube, ResearchGate, Sherpa/RoMEO, Summon (Serials Solutions/ProQuest), TDOne (TDNet), Ulrich's Periodicals, Directory/ulrichsweb, WanFang Data, WorldCat (OCLC)
Please submit the full text of the paper here.
Environmental and Climate Technologies
Environmental and Climate Technologies is a scientific journal published by Riga Technical University. The Journal ensures international publicity for original research and innovative work. A variety of themes are covered through a multi-disciplinary approach which integrates all aspects of environmental science:
- sustainability of technology development,
- cleaner production,
- zero emission technologies,
- end of pipe production,
- life cycle analysis,
- environmental impact assessment,
- environmental management systems,
- greenhouse gas emission reduction and climate technologies,
- waste management,
- renewable energy sources,
- solar, wind, geothermal, hydroenergy,
- biomass sources: algae, wood, straw, biogas, energetic plants and organic waste,
- methodologies of the evaluation of sustainability,
- quality of outdoor and indoor environment,
- environmental monitoring and evaluation,
- energy efficiency in buildings,
- low energy buildings,
- zero energy buildings.
Architecture and Urban Planning
The bi-annual Scientific Journal of Riga Technical University, Architecture and Urban Planning reflects most of the research themes and content of global and local problems in regional context of Baltic Sea area. The articles are written by researchers and PhD students from the region. Articles are published in English or in English and Latvian.
The Scientific Journal is published twice a year, in the month of July and December.
The journal is focused on:
- History of Architecture and Urbanism
- Preservation and Development of Cultural Heritage
- Theories and Criticism of Architecture and Urbanism
- Local and Global Tendencies in Architecture and Urban Planning
- Sustainable Architecture and Urban Environment
- Landscape Architecture
Information presented in the journal may be useful in professional creative work of architects, urban planners, as well as to institutions responsible for preservation and protection of cultural heritage.
The Journal is published by Riga Technical University in cooperation with Latvian Academy of Sciences and Latvian Association of Architects.
The Journal editorial board is composed mainly of academics and researchers from Northern and Eastern Europe. All articles are peer-reviewed by representatives of respectable academic institutions, namely Riga Technical University (Latvia), Art Academy of Latvia, Chalmers University of Technology (Sweeden), Bauhaus–University Weimar (Germany), University of Oulu (Finland), Estonian Academy of Arts (Estonia), Vilnius Gediminas Technical University (Lithuania) etc.
Safety of Technogenic Environment
The Journal aims at publishing results of research concerning topical issues in development of advanced materials, constructions and technologies, recycled product application, ecological ("green") and energy efficient materials in civil engineering.
It provides information on recent research in various branches of civil engineering carried out by researchers at Riga Technical University and in collaboration with partners abroad. The journal covers the following sectors of Construction science:
- Building Materials and Building Technology;
- Building Mechanics;
- Building Constructions;
- Heat, Gas and Water Engineering Systems;
- Composite Materials in Civil Engineering.
The Scientific Journal of Riga Technical University - Electrical, Control and Communication Engineering
The mission of the RTU Journal on Electrical, Control and Communication Engineering (ECCE Journal) is to provide a free forum for scientific discussions and a feedback between scientific society and particular scientists from all over the world on their later achievements in the mentioned fields. In particular the journal pay attention to (but not only to):
- Electrical Machines and Apparatus (EMA) – Theory, simulation and design of electrical machines and apparatus such as transformers, relays etc.
- Electrical Drives, Mechatronics and Robotics (EDR) – Applications of electrical machines and apparatus, as well as theory, simulation, design and control of electrical drives, in particular, in robotic and mechatronic systems.
- Power Electronic Converters (PEC) – Topologies, theory and analysis, simulation, control and applications of power electronic converters.
- Power Electronic Technologies (PEL) – Design, details of construction, manufacturing technology of power electronic converters. Implementation, protection and thermal design of power semiconductor switches. Snubbers and resonant circuits, as well as other topics related to power electronic converters.
- Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC) – Electromagnetic compatibility and interference of electrical equipment.
- Electrical Materials, Reliability and Diagnostics (REL) – Research and development of materials utilized in electrical engineering (including semiconductor and magnetic materials), their new applications. Study of reliability and diagnostics of electrical equipment and materials. Measurements and sensors.
- Electric Power Supply (EPS) – Theory and analysis, simulation, power and control equipment, as well as software dedicated for electrical energy distribution networks and distributed generation networks, including smart micro- and nano-grids, as well as utilization of renewable and alternative energy sources.
- Control Engineering and IT (CTL) – Theory and analysis, simulation, hardware and software dedicated for process control in various areas.
- Communication Engineering (CMN) – Physical principles of information transmission, technical and information processing support for such transmission, new interfaces and protocols.
- Microwave Techniques, Antennas and Radar Systems (MTA) – The section is focused on the theory and analysis, simulation, software and experimental methods dedicated for microwave techniques, antennas & radar systems.
The editorial board of RTU ECCE Journal is always open for discussion on the journal topics!
Material Science and Applied Chemistry
Economics and Business
The articles of the series focus on general national economic development problems in Latvia as well as specific areas of economic activities researching factors which promote or hamper economic development. The authors of the articles are academics and doctoral students of RTU.
Boundary Field Problems and Computer Simulation
The lasting international series "Boundary Field Problems and Computers", issued by RTU since 1966. The journal may be of importance to specialists and students interested in computer simulation of various environmental phenomena formulated as boundary field problems.
Baltic Journal of Real Estate Economics and Construction Management
Baltic Journal of Real Estate Economics and Construction Management is a peer-reviewed journal published by RTU in collaboration with two partner universities of Riga Technical University in the Baltic Region – Tallinn University of Technology (Estonia) and Vilnius Gediminas Technical University (Lithuania).
The objectives of the journal are to extend the fundamental knowledge of real estate market and civil construction and to provide information that would help the industry practitioners and entrepreneurs, as well as academic staff to increase the efficiency, productivity and competitiveness of real estate and construction market.
Fundamental research of the journal reflects diverse research results concerning real estate sector, related sectors and interacting branches of science in the context of contemporary market development, and that allows classifying the journal in the category of interdisciplinary scientific journals. We invite the interested parties to publish their articles in the journal, reflecting the topical research that would be useful for making business decisions in such areas as sustainable development and management of sound environment, devoting special attention to real estate and construction market analyses and assessment.
Materials Science. Textile and Clothing Technology
The journal comprises publications by RTU researchers and doctoral students as well as by researchers from different institutions in Latvia and abroad.
The aim of the journal is to publish results of research concerning topical issues in the field of textile materials technologies and design. It provides information about the research carried out at Riga Technical University, results of collaborative research with institutions in Latvia as well as the achievements of the researchers in other European countries.
The journal covers the following themes:
- Investigation and treatment of such renewable resources as hemp stalks and flax
- Application of flax and hemp fibers in construction and furniture industry
- Development of advanced textile materials,
- Development of knitted conductive textiles and materials and methods used in their production
- Researching properties of textiles and their application in medicine, veterinary, garment manufacturing construction.
- Wearable bio-monitoring systems and smart textiles for healthcare
- Methods of design in garment production
- Specific features of design of national costumes
Transport and Aerospace Engineering
The RTU Scientific Journal „Transport and Aerospace Engineering” is a peer reviewed journal published twice a year - in spring and in autumn.
The journal comprises articles on the latest practical as well as theoretical studies and experiments in the transport sector, particularly in aerospace engineering.
Proceedings of REHVA Annual Conference "Advanced HVAC and Natural Gas Technologies"
It is my great pleasure to invite you to the REHVA Annual Meeting and the Conference on Advanced HVAC and Natural Gas Technologies which takes place this spring in one of the Baltic States – Riga, Latvia on May 6–9, 2015.
This year, Latvia, for the first time, is assuming the Presidency of the Council of the European Union and I am very honored to meet the leading international scientific and engineering colleagues and friends in the field of Heating, Ventilating and Air-Conditioning (HVAC) during this historical moment.
“We welcome you to Riga - the place where knowledge sharing and experience inspires for new cooperation and further industry development.”
These proceedings include 38 scientific papers from 16 countries. Presented studies cover such topical subjects as energy efficient buildings, indoor climate, safe and sustainable energy supply and production. All papers have high scientific quality as well practical industrial application.
I would like to thank the authors for their valuable contribution to the proceedings of “Advanced HVAC and Natural Gas Technologies”.
Professor Egils Dzelzitis
President of Organizing Committee in Riga
Fellow REHVA, Fellow ASHRAE and REHVA Vice-President
The International Scientific Conference „Innovative Materials, Structures and Technologies"
Proceedings of the International Conference
„Innovative Materials, Structures and Technologies”
Organised by the Faculty of Civil Engineering in the framework of Riga Technical University 54th International Scientific Conference
Riga, November 8, 2013
Dedicated to the 150th Anniversary of the Faculty of Civil Engineering
of Riga Technical University.